Bacon makes my mouth very happy. This recipe makes my mouth happy. Enjoy it with a salad topped with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and a little bit of champagne.
Bacon & Blue Cheese Dinner Pies
* 6 slices of bacon
* 1 8.5 oz corn muffin mix
* 2/3 cup all purpose flour
* 1 tsp chili powder
* 1 egg, slightly beaten
* 1/4 cup milk
* 3 granny smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
* 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
* fresh thyme (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cook bacon until crisp and reserve 1 tbsp drippings. Chop bacon.
3. In a bowl, combine muffin mix, flour, chili powder, egg, and milk. Divide dough into four portions. Place two portions each on a greased baking sheet adn press to 6/7 in. circles.
4. Top each circle with a layer of apply slices, leaving a 1 in. border. Fold edges around apple slices. Brush apples and crust with reserved bacon drippings.
5. Bake 10 minutes.
6. Top with blue cheese and bacon.
7. Bake 5 to 7 more minutes until edges are golden and crust is set.
8. Sprinkle with thyme.