We had food day at work on Friday and I made these. I tend to make baked goods that don't call for softened butter. That's just too much preparation for me.
I would post pictures, but they went too fast. That's a good sign.
Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* ½ teaspoon baking soda
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ¾ cup butter, melted (1½ sticks)
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* ½ cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 egg
* 1 egg yolk
* 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
* 1 heaping cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Melt butter.
3. Mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the cinnamon, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk for 2-3 minutes until light and creamy. Mix in the flour mixture until just blended. Add the oats and raisins. Mix until just blended.
5. Place 1/4 cup balls of dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes.
Pour big glass of milk and enjoy the raisin goodness.