Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Weeknight Cooking Made Easy

Since I'm on cooking duty during the week (lovey has the weekend) I aim for yummy, quick, and somewhat healthy. I've got yummy and "somewhat" healthy down, but still working on the quick. Sometimes I just want to forget about it and go out. *Sigh.*

Well, we all know THAT can't happen considering it isn't budget friendly, and I haven't won the lottery.

Luckily, all of my recipe stalking, I mean surfing, has paid off.

Easy Stove Top Turkey Burgers

You'll need:
* 1 packet dried onion soup packet
* 1 cup cheddar cheese
* 1 egg
* 1 package thawed ground turkey

Let's start:
1. Shape burgers into 3 inch patties.
2. Coat large pan with thin layer of olive oil and place over medium high heat.
3. Once oil heats, place patties into pan.
4. Cook until brown, turning every 5-7 minutes.
5. Add cheese (optional)

I served these on whole wheat buns with ketchup, mustard, and dill pickle relish. Our sides were waffle fries and baked beans.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment